Roland Jude Thng – Fund Manager of Judah Value Activist Fund
Judah Value Activist Fund
Asian value activist fund which uses deep value investing and shareholder activism to target mainly Singapore and Hong Kong listed companies.
Roland Jude Thng has more than a decade of capital markets experience and is currently onboarded with Swiss-Asia Financial Services Pte Ltd where he manages the Judah Value Activist Fund.
Roland started his investment management career in 2006 with the National University of Singapore (NUS) Investment Office, a multibillion-dollar Endowment Fund. In 2007, he joined Goldenberg Hehmeyer Unicom Phillip (GHUP) as an Asian Proprietary Equities Trader. From 2008 to 2009, he moved to the OCBC Treasury as a FX Trader where he specialised in Asian emerging market government bonds investing and FX non-deliverable forwards (NDF) trading.
In 2010, he founded Dektos Investment Corporation (Dektos), a Singapore Registered Fund Management Company (RFMC) and Exempt Financial Advisory (EFA) firm managing the assets of accredited investors. From 2014 to 2017, he spearheaded the Dektos Capital SPC – EVA Capital SP Activist Fund and delivered gross returns of +20% annually for his investors. In 2017, he sold Dektos to a Chinese conglomerate.
Roland holds a BBA (Hons) in Finance from the National University of Singapore.
- New Singapore Activist Hedge Fund Seeks to Shake Up Companies – bloomberg (February 2015)
- Playing the Long Game, Liana Cafolla – CFA Institute Magazine (Oct 2015)
- Activists Take Aim at Singapore’s ‘Buy, Pray, Hope’ Model – bloomberg.com (November 2016)
- The Activist Investing Annual Review – Harvard Law School (February 2017)
- Seeking Opportunities in ‘Unpopular’ Small Caps – Straits Times (June 2017)